Monday, October 8, 2007

Homework- October 8, 2007

For me, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly was a very good book. Time and time again people said to me how confusing it was paticularily with his random dreams that are scattered throughout the book. That is one of the things I liked the most about the book. I am a very focused reader. When I read, I go into a zone where I just concentrate on the book. In The Diving Bell and the Butterfly you really have to concentrate. To know that his adventures of being in a Napoleonic battle or being a pilot of an airplane are just dreams. I just had to keep reminding myself that Jean-Dominique was a quadripilegic and it was impossible for him to do these things.

Another one of the things I enjoyed the most about book was its simplicity. There were very few words that I didn't understand. In some books there would be tons of words that I didn't understand at all and it would damage my understanding the story. The one thing I disliked about the book was that the ending was, in my opinion to short. I don't like when books abruptly end with "and that was my story" or "I hoped you enjoyed my story" because it doesn't really leave you anything to grasp onto and say what a great eding to a great book. Overall, I would say this is one of the best books I have read all year and I have read alot. What makes it so good is that it is very well written by a guy who was forced to right by blinking his left eye.

No comments: